- 6GB DDR3
- 128 GB SSD
- 13.3" LCD with IntelHD Graphic
This laptop planed to use as working purpose, so will swipe off the window partition and replace with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I'm going to show how to backup the pre-load window and Install a fresh Ubuntu as below.
Window license is not cheap, so we backup it in-case we need it in future time. To backup the hold partition by cmd below with Ubuntu livecd (usb).
dd if=/dev/sda |gzip -9 | of=/media/usbdisk/sda.img.gz
'media/usbdisk' is path for USB drive, next is launched the installer.
1. SELECT LANGUAGE
2. LEAVE EVERYTHING UNCHECK & CONTINUE
3. ERASE THE DISK AND INSTALL
4. SELECT LOCATION
5. LEAVE IT DEFAULT & CONTINUE
6. ACCOUNT, IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE DATA, CHECK THE 'ENCRYPT MY HOME FOLDER
7. BOIL WATER & COFFEE
After installation, some tweaking need to done, follow the instructions from gaggl.com.
What is not working :
- Touchpad on/off button
- Eco mode button
- Fingerprint sensor (did re-compile aes1610 driver with 1660 device id but not compatible, hopefully vendor add the driver for aes1660 soon)
[img src] http://www.vxbus.com/software/linux/143-how-to-install-ubuntu-1204-from-usb-drive.html